Deadline: April 17, 2023
Apply now for the Start-up Contest at the DW Global Media Forum 2023. The Global Media Forum is looking for media start-ups. Send in your application to compete with innovative entrepreneurs from around the globe, meet new people, gain fresh skills and discover new ideas.
The start-up contest@GMF is an exciting format which is part of the annual DW Global Media Forum (GMF). Media start-ups from around the globe are invited to pitch their ideas and business models to a global audience, take part at an incubation workshop over several days in the run-up to the event, and compete for the first place in the competition.
The final event will take place on 19 and 20 June 2023 during the 16th DW Global Media Forum, which will happen both on-site at the World Conference Center in Bonn, Germany and online.
- The winners will get to enjoy global media coverage by DW media as part of the prize.
- In addition, the winners will also receive professional media training by Deutsche Welle Akademie.
- All the selected start-ups will be welcomed to participate digitally as delegates at the DW Global Media Forum itself, where some of the most important issues in news and media today are being discussed in an interdisciplinary manner.
Open to media start-ups from around the globe to pitch their ideas and business models to a global audience.
In order to partake, you should be interested in, or preferably already be working on innovations and trends in one of the following fields:
- News intelligence – how can smart tools support work in the newsroom?
- Media Literacy – how can we develop new tools to increase media literacy and thus prevent the spread of misinformation?
- Civil Society – how can strengthen civil societies be strengthened with innovative tech ideas?
- Internet censorship – how can we detect censorship and online shutdowns while creating better mechanisms and safeguards to ensure freedom of speech?
- Media Production – how can new production tools ensure the resilience of free media in times of crisis and disaster?
- Local means relevant – how can we support and empower local independent media?
For more information, visit DW Global Media Forum.