Deadline: April 21, 2023
Nominations are open for the WWF Nepal Conservation Awards 2023. World Wide Fund For Nature (WWF), the global conservation organization leading international efforts for a living planet, instituted the WWF Nepal Conservation Awards in 1995 to recognize and honor individuals and organizations at the grassroots level that have made significant contributions to protect Nepal’s rich biodiversity.
WWF Nepal welcomes nominations for WWF Nepal – Conservation Awards 2023 from Nepali individuals and/or organizations registered in Nepal and are working in the field of conservation and natural resource management. The nominations will need to reflect illustrious accomplishments and innovations in the areas of biodiversity conservation, climate change and pollution, sustainable development, environment education and youth engagement, environmental crime control, and media and journalism.
The final recipients of the Conservation Awards will be selected from the nominations received by an independent selection panel that comprises of an eminent group of experts from diverse sectors.
- Conservation of Biodiversity (Forests, Wildlife, Freshwater)
- Addressing Climate Change & Environmental Pollution
- Sustainable Development (Eco-Tourism, Green Infrastructure, etc.)
- Environmental Education and Youth Leadership
- Environmental Crime Control
- Media and Journalism
- The awardees will receive citations and cash prizes – Rs. 50,000 for individuals and Rs. 100,000 for organizations.
- An individual or organization must be nominated by a third-party. Note that a third-party nomination is mandatory, and any self-nominations will be automatically disqualified.
- The third-party may nominate more than one individual or organization.
- All nominees must be based in Nepal. External nominees do not qualify for awards.
Nominations titled “WWF Nepal – Conservation Awards 2023” should be submitted to the following address (either hard copy or electronic copy) by 21 April 2023.
Email: [email protected]
WWF Nepal, PO Box: 7660, Baluwatar
Kathmandu, Nepal, Tel: +977 1 4534820
Terai Arc Landscape – Program Office
Kohalpur Municipality, Ward 10, Kalikanagar, Banke, Tel: 081 – 541752/753
For more information, visit WWF Nepal Conservation Awards.