Deadline: April 28, 2023
Applications for the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Prize 2023 are now open. Known as Southeast Asia’s regional premier award, ASEAN Prize confers its annual accolade to individuals and organisations based in ASEAN as a recognition of significant contributions that aid in ASEAN Community-building.
Now on its sixth edition, ASEAN Prize continues to celebrate persons and organisations whose determination and perseverance have progressively driven the region towards harmony and sustainable development while at the same time forging a stronger ASEAN identity.
Following the nominations, the panel of judges consisting of former Secretaries-General of ASEAN will convene to select one nominee who merits the Prize. The incumbent Secretary-General of ASEAN Kao Kim Hourn will chair the ASEAN Prize Judging Committee Meeting this year.
- The awardee for ASEAN Prize 2023 will receive the trophy and a monetary prize of US$20,000 sponsored by Temasek Foundation of Singapore and Yayasan Hasanah of Malaysia.
- The nominee must be an ASEAN citizen or an ASEAN-based organisation.
- The nominee shall submit valid/verifiable documents and highlight his/her achievement and influence on ASEAN since the launch of the ASEAN Community on 31 December 2015.
- The nominee should also share future initiatives detailing how the cited work will continue after winning the Prize.
- Self-nominations and posthumous submissions will not be considered.
Candidates who have demonstrated notable work that fulfils at least one of the following actions are strongly encouraged to submit their application:
- Outstanding collaboration between ASEAN Member States (AMSs);
- Outstanding collaboration between ASEAN and the world;
- Outstanding people-to-people engagement among AMSs;
- Outstanding economic integration and promotion of standards between AMSs; or
- Other outstanding contributions to ASEAN Community Building.
All nominations must be submitted to the ASEAN National Focal Point by 28 April 2023 at 5pm, GMT+7 (Jakarta time).
For more information, visit ASEAN Prize.