Deadline: April 30, 2023
Applications are open for the International High School Screenwriting Contest 2023. The International High School Screenwriting Contest is a student-run free screenwriting contest for high schoolers around the world.
They saw that many creative teenagers were struggling to find an output for their writing; because everywhere they turned to was either blocked by a paywall that they couldn’t pay, or they couldn’t find a free contest of quality. The International High School Screenwriting Contest provides quality judges and a contest dedicated to encouraging young screenwriters of the world for free.
- The Climate Change Screenwriting Award
- Feature Length Screenplay
- Short Screenplay
- First in the feature, short, and Climate Change Screenwriting Award categories will each receive a free script consultation from ScreenReaders.
- First, second, and third in the feature and shorts category will each receive a certificate recognizing their place in the competition.
- First, second, and third in the Climate Change Screenwriting Award will each receive a certificate from the IHSSC and from the Basel Agency for Sustainable Energy recognizing their place in the Competition.
- In addition, ScreenReaders will provide 50% off for any of their services for second place in any category, 25% off for third place in any category, and 15% off for any other participant!
- The contest is exclusively open to high school students (ages 13-19) or an international equivalent.
- Characters and stories must be original content.
- Each person can submit as many screenplays as they like.
- If you want to include drawings or visuals place those on the cover or title page.
- The feature category accepts scripts 31 pages or more, the short scripts category accepts 30 pages or less, while the Climate Change Screenwriting Award category accepts any script length.
For more information, visit IHSSC.