Deadline: May 18, 2023
We Are Family Foundation’s Youth to the Front Fund is excited to announce a special Call for Creatives. The “Creatives Fund” invites cultural organizers using the power of art to address systemic injustice, shift narratives, and inspire change locally and globally.
This special call is designed for creatives and collectives in the following sectors:
- Visual Arts: Painting, Drawing, Sculpting, Photography, Filmmaking, Media, Digital Art, Illustration, Graphic Design, Graffiti, Street Art, Fashion Design, etc.
- Performance Arts: Dance, Theater, Experimental, etc.
- Music: Songwriting, Production, DJ-ing, etc.
- Writing & Literary Arts: Poetry, Prose, Spoken Word, etc.
- Creative Changemaking: Curation, Cultural Storytelling, Creative Organizing, Cooking & Culinary Arts, Folk Arts, etc.
The Creatives Fund seeks to:
- Provide funding & resources that support exhibitions, bold movements, and program initiatives (funding up to US$20,000).
- Cultivate a community of creative organizers.
- Support creatives & collectives through cross-networking and collaborations with critical thought partners in the arts.
- You are eligible if you are a BIPOC or BIPOC-ally creative or collective under 30 years old at the forefront of fighting systemic racism, inequality, inequity, and injustice in the United States and around the world.
- Applicant’s project must focus on one of the following pillars in their approach:
- Civics & Community Engagement
- Education Equity
- Climate, Arts, Social Justice
You are welcome to apply if you are at the forefront of fighting systemic racism, inequality, inequity, and injustice in the U.S. and around the world.
For more information, visit We Are Family Foundation.