Deadline: May 30, 2023
Do you want to join the largest global student movement for liberty and be a member of the Cheetah Generation of young people advocating for a free and prosperous Africa? Applications for the African Students for Liberty Local Coordinator Program for the year 2023-2024 are now open!
The Local Coordinator Program is the entry level of becoming a leader with Students for Liberty and the premier program for actively advancing the ideas of ideas and free markets and individual liberty in colleges and campuses around Africa. The Local Coordinators are the face of liberty in their campuses, they are the muscle of the movement, empowering students in their areas to defend the ideas of liberty. This grassroots program seeks out strong student leaders to spread the ideas of individual liberty, self-reliance, and economic freedom by starting new student groups, organizing events to promote these ideas and mentoring other vibrant students to assume leadership positions in the global students’ movement for liberty.
The course is designed to train an all-round leader by imparting skills in areas such as public speaking, professionalism, advocacy, proposal and report writing, effective communication (both verbal and written), event organizing, talent identification and so much more absolutely FREE! Trained leaders gain access to writing opportunities, leadership programs, get into internships and all-year-round seminars and conferences with their international network of partners.
- Successful Local Coordinators will be trained on ideas that promote liberty, free markets, and economic growth.
- Local Coordinators will receive resources and materials needed for training, workshops, and conferences.
- Trained Coordinators gain access to writing opportunities and leadership programs throughout the fiscal year.
- Access to internship opportunities and all-year-round seminars and conferences with Students For Liberty’s international network of partners.
- The Local Coordinator Program is highly competitive and designed for the top student leaders in Africa. All members of SFL’s Local Coordinator Program must be current university students (undergraduate or graduate) or recent graduates of not up to 3 years in Africa.
- Applicants interested in becoming Local Coordinators should be able to dedicate 5-10 hours per week to the program for one academic year.
- Successful applicants will be professional, personable, and excellent communicators.
Have at least one year of leadership experience in a pro-liberty student group.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Looking to develop their own skillsets.
- Strong self-motivation to complete projects with little to no oversight.
- A passion for the ideas of liberty and for organizing projects and programs to make the world a freer place.
Interested students and recent graduates are invited to apply, and after that, successful applicants will be invited to an interview. Applicants whose interviews are successful will go through two levels of training before being confirmed as Local Coordinators. This application form is available in English, French, and Portuguese languages.
For more information, visit African Students for Liberty.