Deadline: May 22, 2023
Applications are open for the Changemakers for the Planet Programme 2023 for Latin America & Sub-Saharan Africa. Through ‘Changemakers for the Planet’ they connect, support and amplify the work and voices of hundreds of young changemakers, activists and innovators from all regions of the world who address the planetary crisis.
The programme includes:
- Summit: The programme in each region starts with an in-person summit, convening 25 participants for an intensive 5 days in a beautiful location in nature. the gathering is designed to forge deep connections, foster wellbeing, and enable peer learning and meaningful collaborations.
- Capacity Building & Collaborative Funding: Participants get access to a range of offerings and platforms by partners, including everything from learning exchange grants to fundraising trainings and strategic support from advisors and mentors.
- Community: Finally, everyone becomes a lifelong member of the global ChangemakerXchange community, including access to resources and regular opportunities to connect, learn and co-create.
- Participants are asked to cover their own transportation costs to Rwanda (for the Sub-Saharan Africa summit) and to Buenos Aires, Argentina (for the Latin America Summit).
- ChangemakerXchange will cover ALL OTHER COSTS associated with the summit and programme, such as: accommodation, catering, local transportation, room hire, equipment & material, COVID-19 rapid tests, FFP2 masks, facilitation & hosting compensation, programme manager compensation, carbon emissions offsetting derived from the local hosting, post-summit capacity-building programme and post-summit community engagement activities.
- ChangemakerXchange always strive to make their summits accessible and inclusive so if your circumstances do not allow you to afford the trip to the summit, state so in the application and confirmation form. They will evaluate the possibility of offering you a partial or full stipend to ensure you can join the summit.
- Open to changemakers aged 18-35 from Latin America and Sub-Saharan Africa with solutions to tackle the planetary crisis.
- The sub-Saharan African summit will be hosted in English, with French translation if required. You can apply for the summit in English or French.
- The Latin American summit will be hosted in Spanish. The team onsite will also speak English and Portuguese, to support any non-native speakers, but participants will need a strong level of Spanish to fully take part. Applications can be filled out in English, Spanish or Portuguese.
- Latin America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte-d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo, Réunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Values: Applicants for a ChangemakerXchange summit should demonstrate an alignment with the CXC values.
- Character: Applicants should show an entrepreneurial and creative mindset.
- Motivation: Applicants should show motivation to co-create and collaborate.
- Diversity: Diversity is also a critical criterion. The planetary crisis disproportionately affects society’s most at-risk individuals and regions. As such, ChangemakerXchange are putting a strong emphasis on curating cohorts that are diverse in terms of demographics and types of initiatives. Applicants from marginalised contexts and those with intersectional initiatives are a great fit for this programme and encouraged to apply!
The Latin American Program will commence with a summit from September 11 – 15, 2023 followed by funding opportunities for collaboration among participants while the sub-Saharan African Program will commence with a summit from the September 18 – 23, 2023 followed by funding opportunities for collaboration among participants.
For more information, visit Changemakers for the Planet.