Deadline: May 21, 2023
Applications are open for the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives 2023 for Senegal, Cabo Verde, The Gambia, Guinea & Guinea-Bissau. The CFLI is a program designed to support small-scale, high-impact projects in developing countries, which align with Global Affairs Canada’s thematic priority areas for engagement.
The program is directed at projects conceived and designed predominantly by local partners. Projects are selected and approved by the relevant Canadian embassy or high commission. The CFLI also serves to support positive bilateral relations between Canada and recipient countries and their civil societies, by deepening contacts and supporting local endeavours.
All projects must align with at least one of the following CFLI thematic priorities:
- Inclusive governance, including diversity, democracy, human rights and the rule of law.
- Peace and security, with a focus on conflict prevention and building peace.
- Growth that works for everyone, including women’s economic rights, decent jobs and entrepreneurship, investing in the poorest and most vulnerable, and safeguarding economic gains.
- Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- Environment and climate action focusing on adaptation and mitigation, as well as on water management.
- The average CFLI contribution is $30,000 to $60,000 Canadian Dollars (CAD$100,000 is the maximum allocation amount for a project eligible under CFLI).
Eligible recipients include:
- Local non-governmental, community and not-for-profit organizations,
- Local academic institutions working on local projects,
- International non-governmental organizations working on local development activities,
- Intergovernmental, multilateral and regional institutions, organizations and agencies working on local development activities,
- Municipal, regional or national government institutions or agencies of the recipient country working on local projects, and
- Canadian non-governmental and not-for-profit organizations that are working on local development activities.
Only those proposals using the designated application form and including the required budget document will be considered.
The deadline for submission is May 21, 2023 at 23:59 (GMT). Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered. Proposals should be submitted electronically to: [email protected]
For more information, visit Canada Fund for Local Initiatives.