Deadline: June 15, 2023
Applications for the Nyerere Postgraduate Scholarship 2023-2024 for Study at the University of Edinburgh are now open. The Centre of African Studies is delighted to announce Nyerere Scholarship for an applicant to the MSc in Africa and International Development.
The Nyerere Scholarships provide funding for talented Tanzanian students to follow in Nyerere’s footsteps and study at the University of Edinburgh. Through the generous support provided by a donor, the Centre of African Studies will offer a one-year postgraduate scholarship to a student domiciled in Tanzania to study a Masters-level programme in the Centre of African Studies.
- The scholarship will cover Tuition Fees and an annual stipend (amount to be advised; for reference, this was £13,500 in 2022/23). The annual stipend will be paid in quarterly instalments following full matriculation. Payments are made in September and December 2023, and March and June 2024.
- The award will be made to a student domiciled in Tanzania who is accepted on the full-time MSc African and International Development programme.
- Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, the equivalent of a UK first class or 2.1 Honours degree at undergraduate level in a Humanities or Social Science subject.
In order to gain access to the scholarship application system, applicants must have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh. Note that, following the submission of an application for admission, it can take up to five working days for all system checks to be completed and for access to be granted.
- Submit your application to the MSc programme (including the personal statement and statement of skills, references, payment of fee etc).
- Submit your application to the scholarship through the scholarship portal. This involves providing a statement on what Nyerere’s legacy means to you, and how it connects to your future ambitions.
References submitted to the Africa and International Development programme will be used to assess your scholarship application. Ensure that these have been uploaded to your application by the scholarship deadline.
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd.
For more information, visit Nyerere Postgraduate Scholarship.