Deadline: May 31, 2023
Applications are open for the REGIOSTARS Awards 2023. REGIOSTARS are the yearly competition organised by the European Commission’s Directorate General Regional and Urban Policies since 2008. Over the years it has become the Europe’s label of excellence for EU-funded projects, which demonstrate the impact and inclusiveness of regional development. 2023 is the year of renewal and re-launch of the competition.
From this year the REGIOSTARS are awarded to projects in six thematic categories:
- Category 1: A competitive and smart Europe
- Category 2: A green Europe
- Category 3: A connected Europe
- Category 4: A social and inclusive Europe
- Category 5: A Europe closer to the citizens
- Category 6: Topic of the Year (European Year of Skills 2023)
By putting forward solutions to common challenges and tapping into the biggest opportunities, the REGIOSTARS have inspired regions to deliver ever more impactful EU regional policy. They encourage applications from less-developed regions in Europe and from all programme areas.
- The winners of the six categories will win a local communication campaign managed in cooperation with DG REGIO to promote the awarded activities in the region.
As in previous years, the public will have the opportunity to vote for their favourite finalist in the Public Choice Award. All winners will be announced during the REGIOSTARS ceremony in Ostrava (Czech Republic) on 16 November 2023.
- Applications are welcome from all regions in Europe.
- Applications must be in one of the official EU languages.
- Only completed projects are considered. A completed project is a project which has carried out all the planned activities, has received its final financial contribution and has been declared closed by the project beneficiary and/or the Managing Authority.
You fill in the online application and upload an endorsement letter from your managing authority by the deadline indicated. Endorsement letters may be in the form of the filled-in template available on the online platform or an e-mail with the equivalent information by the Head of the Managing Authority, uploaded as a PDF file.
For more information, visit REGIOSTARS Awards.