Deadline: May 21, 2023
Are you a woman currently enrolled, or about to enrol, on a master’s degree in one of these fields – economics, statistics, engineering and computing – at a university or business school in Europe? If so, apply for the European Central Bank (ECB) Scholarship for Women 2023-2024.
The funding is intended to help finance your studies. If your application is successful, you will also have the opportunity to gain insights into the ECB’s central banking and banking supervision work and to learn about the career opportunities they offer.
The ECB wants to change the lives of the women selected for this scholarship. Their goal is to support their education and boost their careers, both in general and in the areas of central banking and banking supervision. The scholarship is specifically designed to help EU women from low-income backgrounds to pursue postgraduate studies in the fields economics, statistics, engineering and computing.
- A grant of €10,000
- A study visit to the ECB
- Insight into the ECB’s central banking and banking supervision work
- The opportunity to meet your fellow scholars and the ECB’s Women in Leadership network
- Advice and mentoring from an ECB economist or an expert in the field of banking supervision, statistics, engineering or computing
- You are a woman.
- You are a citizen of an EU Member State.
- You are currently enrolled, or are about to enrol, on a master’s course in economics, statistics, engineering or computing at a European university or business school.
- You are facing a funding gap that may prevent you from pursuing your studies.
- You obtained excellent grades in your undergraduate studies (i.e. for your bachelor’s degree).
To apply you will need to:
- explain the motivation behind your studies and detail your career aspirations;
- outline your current funding situation.
You will also need to submit the following documentation.
- Proof of acceptance, or preliminary acceptance, onto a master’s course in one of the relevant fields of study for the 2023-24 academic year.
- Official transcripts of your undergraduate qualifications, your academic record and, if applicable, evidence of your highest level of completed studies.
- Proof of household income/financial need.
Apply for the 2023-24 academic year by completing the registration form and emailing it (as an Excel file), together with your CV and all your supporting documents (in a single PDF file), to [email protected].
For more information, visit ECB Scholarship.