Deadline: June 2, 2023
Applications for the EJN Communicators’ Workshop on Renewable Energy 2023 are now open. India has committed to meeting 50% of its energy requirements with renewable energy, reducing its projected carbon emissions by one billion metric tons, and reducing the emissions intensity of its GDP by 45% by 2030.
To improve public awareness of these ambitious energy targets, and the progress made till date in India’s energy planning, EJN has organized a three-day workshop for communicators. The workshop sessions are designed to strengthen the skills of communicators to research and report on renewable energy issues in India.
Earth Journalism Network (EJN) will facilitate engagement between communicators, researchers, subject experts, policymakers and communities, providing an opportunity to gain knowledge and deepen understanding of the promises and obstacles in the road ahead as India strives to increase the percentage of renewable energy in its total energy mix. The workshop will be held in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh from July 14-16, 2023.
- The organizers will cover the cost of travel, accommodation and meals of selected participants.
- Commit to attending all days of the workshop.
- Have some experience reporting on scientific and/or environmental topics.
- Understand and be able to communicate in English.
- Demonstrate interest in renewable energy issues.
- Permit republication by the organizers of any output as a result of participation in the workshop.
- If you start the application and want to come back and complete it later, you can click ‘Save Draft.’ To return to the draft, you’ll need to go back to the opportunity and click ‘Apply now’ again to finalize the application.
- Staffers must provide a letter from their supervisor approving their attendance at the workshop.
- Applicants must submit two published samples or links to work that has appeared online. Work related to renewable energy issues are preferred.
For more information, visit EJN Communicators’ Workshop.