Deadline: June 18, 2023
Applications are open for the CATAPULT: Inclusion Africa – Togo 2023. Supported by the Directorate for Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Affairs and developed by the LHoFT Foundation, the programme targets companies focusing on financial inclusion in Africa, aiming to build bridges with Luxembourg’s Microfinance industry while highlighting their initiatives in alignment with the sustainability goals of Luxembourg’s finance center.
This 6th edition will once again leverage Luxembourg ‘s Inclusive Finance and Fintech ecosystem to support selected firms in developing their businesses and achieving their inclusion goals. In addition, firms will participate in the African Micro Finance Week (SAM) thus gathering with the whole Micro Finance community while making meaningful connections with entrepreneurs, VCs, IMFs and many more.
- LHoFT will reimburse reasonable travel costs to reach Lomé in Togo, using Economy Class Airline Carrier, up to €2,000 (VAT included) for one person/company (or equivalent). One additional person/company can attend the bootcamp but at their own costs.
- The participants will be hosted in the hotel selected by the LHoFT, located in Lomé in Togo and for the duration of the programme.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- Selected firms will have, at least, a demonstrable Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and will likely be in the pre-seed to seed stage of funding.
- Companies must be active in the financial inclusion field, helping underserved and unbanked populations in Africa get access to financial products and services.
- Companies will submit all necessary information to the LHoFT in order to assess the viability of the project, company, background of owners and key shareholders to limit the risks of non-compliance or doubtful application to the programme.
- Companies must agree and shall provide on-going performance metrics and business status for a period of three years post programme completion to the LHoFT for the purposes of programme evaluation.
- The selected firm must guarantee that a founding team member, typically the CEO, will attend the programme for the duration of the week.
- They are particularly interested in hearing from firms in payments and related services.
- Participants must be fluent in French (as the programme will be run in French).
The application deadline is June 18, 2023. The programme will hold in Togo from October 16 to 20, 2023.
For more information, visit CATAPULT: Inclusion Africa.