Deadline: May 27, 2023
Applications are open for the Digital Innovations for Peace (DIP) Crowdsourcing Competition 2023. With the purpose of encouraging digital media practices in the Middle East and North Africa regions, Leaders International launches the DIP Call for Applications for entrepreneurs in digital media and fact-checking.
Co-funded by the EU, and implemented by Leaders International, DW Akademie, and Elbiro Media, Digital Innovations for Peace (DIP) aims to foster social resilience against the growing threat of disinformation and to promote peace in the digital sphere in Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Algeria, and Tunisia. Through an online training program, entrepreneurs, media professionals, and ICT experts will get the opportunity to work together to come up with novel ideas in the field of digital media in a 3-week training program.
Through a 3-week online training program, participants will get the opportunity to work together and develop technological solutions and ideas that tackle digital media challenges.
- Training Platform: Zoom
- Timeline: June 2023
- Structure: 2 sessions a week, which will be conducted during after-work hours,
- Ideation for digital media challenges
- ICT tools and open-source technologies
- BMC development
- Skills for pitching and presentation
Ultimately, participants are expected to present their ideas and solutions to a judging panel. The top three participants will receive a prize of €1,000 as well as the opportunity to participate in two hackathons to further develop their solutions.
The call is open for entrepreneurs, media professionals, and ICT experts from the MENA region, however, applicants from the aforementioned countries are encouraged to apply, provided that they meet the following requirements:
- To be in the age range of 18-35 years.
- To have an innovative digital media idea.
- Quality of the business idea
- Integration of open-source software and technologies
- Innovation and creativity.
- Ability to solve project challenges
- Commitment to the training
- Team capacity and expertise
- Pitch effectiveness
For more information, visit DIP Crowdsourcing Competition.