Deadline: July 10, 2023
Applications are open for the Canon Collins Trust Malawi Scholarships for Masters in Education 2023. Canon Collins Trust administers two scholarships in memory of James Learmonth and Elizabeth Bird.
James Learmonth was an influential educational practioner in the UK who believed strongly that education was the key to greater inclusion, social stability and international co-operation. He also believed that teachers and educational leaders can only be effective if they continue learning. When James died of cancer in 2003, his wife, family and numerous colleagues and friends decided to establish the James Learmonth Scholarship Programme in his memory. The aim of this programme is to support teachers and educational leaders in Malawi to pursue studies in education.
On July 10, 2010, the much loved and dedicated educationalist, Dr Elizabeth Bird died tragically. In her memory, the Elizabeth Bird Resource Centre was established at the University of Malawi. Dr Bird’s widower, Michael Bird, also sponsored Dorothy Kabvala, a postgraduate student doing her Masters in Education.
- This scholarship is valued at approximately US$3,500 per academic year, to cover tuition fees and provide a living allowance. This figure may vary, subject to confirmation of tuition fees.
Applicants must be:
- studying or applying to study any MA Education course at Chancellor College;
- a national of and resident in Malawi;
- in possession of a good undergraduate degree.
Applications must be made through the online portal. The deadline for applying is 17:00 SAST time on July 10, 2023 and late and incomplete applications will not be considered. You are required to submit a full application including motivation and the following documentation:
- ID document (passport, driving license or birth certificate)
- Academic transcripts
- Degree certificates, if available
- One academic reference
- A copy of your most recent payslips, if you are employed
For more information, visit Malawi Scholarships for Master’s in Education.