Deadline: June 19, 2023
Applications for the PEACE Programme Ambassador Scholarship to Attend One Young World Summit 2023 are now open. One Young World is proud to partner with the SEUPB to launch the PEACE Programme Ambassador scholarship. This scholarship programme will enable up to twenty young leaders who participated in Peace4Youth projects or any youth project funded under the Local Authority Peace Action Plans to attend the One Young World Summit 2023 and receive lifetime membership of the global One Young World Ambassador Community.
During the Summit, The PEACE Programme Ambassadors will participate in four transformative days of speeches, panels, networking, and workshops to accelerate their leadership and projects.
This scholarship has been established in recognition of the vital role young leaders have to play to ensure a peaceful and inclusive future for the region. This support from the SEUPB will ensure critical representation of future young leaders who are making a positive peace-building impact in their communities. All Ambassadors will receive lifetime membership of the One Young World Ambassador Community of 15,000+ young leaders in 190+ countries. As part of this global community, Ambassadors will be eligible to join exclusive events and opportunities, connect with other One Young World Ambassadors in 190+ countries and participate in One Young World’s six-month Action Accelerator to help develop their own social actions.
Ambassadors will receive:
- Access to pre-Summit programming to assist with prepartion for the event.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast.
- Life-long membership of the One Young World Ambassador Community and a guaranteed place on One Young World’s 2023/2024 Action Accelerator Programme.
The scholarship is intended for young leaders who:
- Are aged 18 – 30.
- Live in Northern Ireland or one of the six border countries of Ireland that make up the Peace Programme Area (i.e. Counties Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim, Cavan, Monaghan, Louth).
- Have previously participated in a project supported by the Peace Programme under Peace4Youth or a youth project supported by the Peace Programme under the auspices of one of the Local Authority Peace Action plans.
Successful candidates will demonstrate
- Prior engagement with peacebuilding projects/initiatives.
- Demonstrated impact in the field of peacebuilding.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Strong motivation to participate in the One Young World Summit and community.
- Strong motivation to increase personal social impact and or amplify PEACEPLUS projects.
For more information, visit One Young World.