Deadline: June 22, 2023
Nominations are open for the CBF Biodiversity Excellence Awards for Conservation Heroes (BEACH) 2023. The CBF Biodiversity Excellence Award for Caribbean Heroes (BEACH) is a prestigious recognition for individuals and organizations making remarkable contributions to the mission of the Caribbean Biodiversity Fund (CBF).
Named after Mrs. Eleanor Garraway-Phillips and Dr. Jens Mackensen, two esteemed founding board members, the BEACH Award celebrates their legacy. Recognizing leadership, innovation, and dedication to biodiversity conservation and sustainable development, the BEACH Award inspires others to follow in their footsteps. Through targeted thematic areas and strategic partnerships, the award fosters collaboration and expands the CBF’s reach.
Biennially awarded from 2023, the BEACH Award showcases outstanding achievements, amplifying the awardees’ impact. Join CBF in honoring these conservation heroes, promoting the International Biodiversity Day, and protecting the Caribbean’s rich biodiversity.
- Open to outstanding individuals and organizations who are contributing to biodiversity conservation and sustainable development within the Caribbean.
- The nominees must be actively contributing to the areas of focus and have a proven track record of actively implementing projects and/or initiatives in the Caribbean region.
- Impact: The nominee’s work should have a measurable impact on biodiversity conservation or sustainable development in the Caribbean region.
- Innovation: The nominee’s work should demonstrate a creative or innovative approach to biodiversity conservation or sustainable development.
- Leadership: The nominee should be a leader in their field and should have demonstrated a commitment to work linked to advancing the mission and vision of the CBF.
- Collaboration: The nominee’s work should involve collaboration with other organizations or stakeholders in the Caribbean region.
- Sustainability: The nominee’s work should demonstrate a long-term commitment to biodiversity conservation or sustainable development in the Caribbean region.
For more information, visit BEACH Award.