Deadline: June 9, 2023
Applications are open for the We Create Change – Kenya Fellowship 2023. The aim of the program is to build a committed and supportive community of advocacy champions in Kenya who are running their own campaigns as well as supporting each other to run campaigns.
Change leaders will be taken through a 5-day long series of immersive online training with some of the most influential guest speakers and facilitators. The training will be geared towards equipping them with and strengthening their skills on starting and sustaining digital campaigns on issues they want to work on, creating achievable goals and clarity on their change making journey, making their own choices and decisions, mastery of their campaign and their confidence and self-power as agents of change.
After the training sessions, change leaders continue to be engaged as part of an online community which helps them develop campaigns and campaigning skills. Through the program, selected change leaders will develop their digital campaigning skills and become part of a community of change leaders from across Kenya. The community will provide a safe and encouraging space where change leaders who have gone through the program can share their skills and resources to take their campaign and those of their fellow change leaders forward.
- Participants will receive certificates
- Decision Maker & Media Engagement
- Get to become a digital advocacy champion
- Opportunity to become a life-long member of the Nguvu Collective
- Be a Kenyan between the age of 18 and 35 years old.
- Be interested in working on OR have worked on issues related to Health, Education, Sanitation, Gender Equality/Justice, and Climate Change.
- Be able to articulate clearly and have a STRONG REASON WHY you have been working on or want to work on any of the above five (5) issue areas.
- Be interested and willing to commit to starting a petition on any one of the above five (5) issues on the Change.org platform.
- Come from a community/background that is considered marginalised or underprivileged or disadvantaged or be interested in working on issue areas that affect and would impact marginalised communities/groups.
- Be active on social media or willing to commit to open a social media account and use social media as the primary platform to amplify your voice and the campaign you will work on.
- Demonstrated commitment to community development through any form of social impact and community work you have already done or plan to do in the future.
- Willingness and commitment to continue working on and proactively drive your social impact/ advocacy campaign throughout the program and after.
The 1st edition of the program will be held online from Monday 3rd to Friday 7th July 2023 respectively via Zoom from 3pm to 6pm. Nguvu Collective will make all the virtual arrangements with selected finalists.
For more information, visit We Create Change- Kenya Fellowship.