Deadline: June 18, 2023
Are you a young researcher from the Euro-Mediterranean region? Are you interested in exploring youth approaches to conflict resolution in the Euro-Mediterranean region? Apply for the Euromed Young Researchers Forum 2023.
During this year’s Forum, 30 participants from across the Mediterranean and its neighbouring regions will meet in October, in Madrid, Spain, to exchange with policy-makers, practitioners and other young experts on key issues in the Euro-Mediterranean area and contribute to policy shaping in the region. This year’s edition of the Forum will be about: Bridging Divides: Exploring Youth Approaches to Conflict Resolution in the Changing Euro-Mediterranean Region.
- Present their research proposals on the underlying causes of emerging conflicts, exploring youth-driven approaches to conflict resolution, the role of young people in peacebuilding, feminist peacebuilding strategies, and the intricate relationship between socio-economic development and conflict resolution.
- Benefit from capacity building sessions to improve their research and communications skills.
- Access remunerated publishing opportunities: authors of selected Concept Notes will be asked to convert their proposals into Policy Briefs.
- The IEMed will provide round-trip flight tickets, accommodation expenses and meals during the Forum, and will cover visa costs if necessary.
The candidates shall:
- be researchers or students between 18 and 35 years of age who have attained at least a bachelor’s degree;
- be affiliated to a research centre, a university or organisation based in one of the 43 UfM countries (priority will be given to researchers affiliated to EuroMeSCo member organisations);
- demonstrate interest in the Forum’s themes;
- demonstrated academic and/or professional background with regards to the Forum’s theme is desirable.
- This event is scheduled to take place in Madrid (Spain) in the framework of the EuroMeSCo Annual Conference on “From the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership to a Euro-Mediterranean Geostrategic Alliance”. In addition to participating in the sessions of the VI Euromed Young Researchers Forum, participants will also have the opportunity to share experiences and learn from other experts and practitioners taking part in the panel sessions of the EuroMeSCo Annual Conference on 10 October.
- The Euromed Young Researchers Forum will last 1 full day on 9 October and participants are expected to travel to Madrid on 8 October and depart on 10 October in the afternoon.
Applications will remain open until 18 June 2023, 23:59hrs CET.
For more information, visit Euromed Young Researchers Forum.