Deadline: July 7, 2023
Applications are open for the Africa-Europe Foundation Partners Initiative 2023. The New Partners Initiative of the Africa-Europe Foundation (AEF) will provide support and expertise to develop youth-led grassroot initiatives aimed at engaging new audiences in Africa-Europe cooperation. The first cycle of the Partners Initiative in 2023 is on the theme of “Blue Economy and Ocean Governance”, more specifically:
- Youth-led entrepreneurship and innovation in the domain of ocean/blue economy
- Partnership initiatives focused on ocean biodiversity, food systems and climate mitigation
Award winners will enter a network of experts and leaders working across Africa and Europe and internationally and will have the opportunity to collaborate with AEF in helping to shape policy at the cross-continental and multilateral level.
- The Africa-Europe Foundation combines micro-awards of up to €5,000 Euros with access to mentorship and expertise from AEF’s global network.
- Open to youth led organization, think-tank, civil society platform or NGO inspiring, empowering, and connecting local youth actors through dialogue to help shape a strong, mutually beneficial partnership between Africa and Europe, to tackle contemporary challenges linked to climate change, healthcare, and ocean governance.
- Grassroot projects can be in the format of a myriad of activities including but not limited to workshops, debates, podcast, townhalls, forums and webinars and should engage a wide array of youth and local actors from both Africa and Europe.
Applicants must complete the enclosed application form, which includes a detailed proposal work plan and budget.
The deadline for submissions is 17.00 CEST (Brussels time) on Friday, 7 July 2023 and must be sent to [email protected].
For more information, visit Africa-Europe Foundation.