Deadline: June 19, 2023
Proposals are invited from individuals and organisations who may be interested in taking part in the Code for All Summit 2023, taking place online from September 18-21. This year’s conference will include a combination of live and pre-recorded sessions, offering a dynamic and engaging experience for all participants.
As they hit their 10th anniversary, Code for All Global Network is on the lookout for passionate individuals and organizations who are eager to drive positive change in their communities through the power of technology. Whether you’re a tech enthusiast, a grassroots activist, or a dreamer with big ideas, they welcome proposals from anyone who believes in the incredible potential of technology to solve real-life challenges. At this Summit, you will find a place to share your insights, reflections, questions, and ideas.
The themes for the 2023 Summit have been thoughtfully curated based on the most pressing challenges and opportunities identified by their member organizations. In addition, they have sought valuable input from over 76 individuals representing their community. These themes encompass a diverse range of perspectives and address some of the most significant and current opportunities and challenges faced by the international civic tech community.
- Open to civic technologists together from around the world.
- They are seeking proposals that align with one of the following tracks:
- AI for Social Good
- Tracking Civic Tech Impact
- Tech for Mass Community Action
- Tech for Global Social Justice
They are looking for the following types of presentations:
- Panels: Three or more folks from different organizations share their expertise and experience around a shared topic. They recommend having at least 3 panelists confirmed when you submit your session proposal. Time limit: 60 mins.
- Lightning Talks: Quick, pre-recorded presentations where a speaker shares insights from a project or case study. Time limit: 5-7 mins.
- Workshops: Live, interactive sessions where participants learn and develop new skills, ideas, or tools together. Time limit: 60 mins.
Submit your proposal through the online form by June 19, 2023. They suggest you prepare your idea in its entirety before completing the online submission form. These are the questions you will find in the online form:
- What is the title of your session? (English)
- What is the goal of your session? (100 words)
- Description of your session (250 words)
- How will you make your session engaging?
- What will participants get out of your session? (100 words)
- How will you make sure your session is a safe space for all participants?
- Speaker information: Provide the names, small bios (2-5 lines), and contact information for yourself and any additional speakers or panelists involved in your session.
- Availability for September 18 – 21: Indicate the availability of yourself and your session speakers for the specified dates, particularly for workshops and panel discussions.
For more information, visit Code for All Summit.