Deadline: June 20, 2023
Applications are open for the She Leads Climate Action Fellowship 2023. They are seeking 12 young women who are passionate about climate change in Nigeria to empower and support them in gaining knowledge and applying it to address climate issues in a locally relevant manner, while integrating women as vital stakeholders and non-state actors.
She Leads Climate Action is an initiative under Bays Planet Foundation that educates young women and girls about climate change and empowers them to become climate actors within their communities. At the core of their work lies knowledge and capacity building, advocacy, policy, and action. Their solution is rooted in their commitment to increase girls’ and women’s understanding of climate change and foster a community of female climate actors actively driving climate action in their respective communities. The Fellowship program represents one of the unique avenues through which they realize the organization’s vision.
Throughout the Fellowship duration, She Leads Climate Action will pair Fellows with various organizations leading climate action to facilitate experiential training and knowledge exchange. Fellows will also have the opportunity to interact with prominent climate leaders from around the world through monthly capacity building sessions.
- Engage in experiential training with recognized climate organizations based in Nigeria.
- Receive specialized training on carefully selected topics spanning various fields of climate change and social development.
- Gain networking opportunities and mentorship from top experts in the climate field.
- Receive support in developing a climate change solution geared towards local communities.
- Access funding of $300 to execute climate action projects.
- Receive media amplification of your projects and commitment to climate action.
- Be a female citizen of Nigeria.
- Reside in any of the following pilot states: Lagos, Kwara, FCT Abuja, Oyo, or Kano.
- Be between the ages of 18-26.
- Have a proven experience of providing solutions to the climate crisis or be passionate about sustainable climate action.
- Be willing to share knowledge and experiences gained with girls, women, and young people in your community.
For more information, visit SLCA Fellowship.