Deadline: July 15, 2023
Applications are open for the DW Akademie Media Loves Tech Competition 2023. MEDIA LOVES TECH is on the lookout for the best digital concepts for innovative and quality journalism. Launched by DW Akademie, Germany’s leading international media development organisation, this competition is open to journalists, start-uppers, project leaders, creative minds, developers, designers, civil society members, and any other individual or organisation that aims to make a contribution – through innovation – to a quality media landscape in Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria.
MEDIA LOVES TECH is an initiative by DW Akademie in cooperation with the Tunisian NGO Al Khatt. This project is funded by German cooperation, in particular by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
Objective of the Competition
The objective of MEDIA LOVES TECH is to identify and enable the implementation of effective solutions tackling the challenges and problems of media and journalism in general in Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria. To achieve this, MEDIA LOVES TECH is applying the new technological spirit of crowdsourcing, i.e. the collaboration of connected internet users to generate services, ideas or content together. Crowdsourcing describes the process of sharing information and knowledge in a way that stimulates the flow of ideas and creativity.
In general, MEDIA LOVES TECH is looking for:
- solutions to the problem of limited access to information.
- projects that facilitate the work of journalists and media (data processing/ organisation/ visualisation).
- ideas that improve the interaction with the public (tracking, audience measurement, engagement, feedback).
- The best digital innovation for the future of journalism in Tunisia is awarded a monetary prize of €10,000.
- Open to creative people, journalists, media professionals, entrepreneurs, designers, developers, civil society members, any individual or organization wishing to contribute, through a concept or by offering their skills, to the rise of innovative and digital journalism in Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria.
- Applicants should be 18 years old at the time of their registration.
To participate, you must:
- Fill in the form and select a date for an interview
- Form a team of at least 2 participants and at most 5 participants
- Develop a concept (pitch deck) related to one of the proposed themes. The team can carry out a first level of design, mock-up or prototyping
- Propose a project that will work, in part or fully, in one or more of the targeted countries (Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria)
For more information, visit DW Media Loves Tech.