Deadline: August 1, 2023
Applications for the Louisville Institute Pastoral Study Project Grant (PSP) 2023 are now open. The Pastoral Study Project grants offer pastoral and ministry leaders time away from the daily demands of their work in order to dig deeply into significant questions of ministry, the church, and Christian faith in communities and the wider world.
The Institute knows that pastoral leaders have keen insight into the challenges and promises of faith, practice, and ministry, and often wish for the opportunity to engage more fully with the meaningful questions they face in their ministries. The Pastoral Study Project grants give you that chance: financial support of up to US$15,000 that provides time and resources to think, research, ask, learn, study, and reflect about that big idea you’ve been pondering. Grantees share their research through books and other publications, blogs and websites, podcasts, digital media and film, exhibits, worship, music, public presentations, classes, and more. These projects are lifegiving for grantees and their communities and broaden the vitality of North American Christianity.
They provide financial support of up to $15,000.
PSP grants can be used for:
- Time away from your regular job, such as salary replacement for unpaid time off, or for a temporary replacement or supply minister while you are on leave.
- Resources related to your learning, such as books, training, or consultations.
- Tools to facilitate your study, like library access, a recording device, or software or transcription programs.
- Travel directly related to your project and its investigation, such as to access archives, museums, or libraries, or for experiences connected to your project (e.g., historical settings, visiting sites, specific learning events, worship, or trainings).
- Childcare or other family support you need to undertake your project.
- Compensation for research participants and partners, interviewees, focus groups, research assistants, and others who work on the project with you.
- Applicant have received theological education, training, and/or mentoring for Christian leadership;
- Employed in diverse ministry contexts in the United States and Canada.
Download the 2024 PSP Application Guide. The application guide contains the details you need. Read this document carefully and refer to it as you prepare your materials.
Complete applications require the following (see the Application Guide for full details):
- General application information
- Project summary
- Project narrative
- Line Item Budget & Budget Narrative
- Curriculum Vitae or resume
- Overview of your ministry context
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Affirmation of support
Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. EDT August 1, 2023, and letters of recommendation are due from the recommenders August 8, 2023.
For more information, visit Louisville Institute.