Deadline: August 15, 2023
Nominations are open for the Free Press Awards 2023. The Free Press Awards recognise journalists and media professionals who have a strong commitment with press freedom and independent information. The award will honour journalists and media professionals who continue no matter what.
Free Press Unlimited wants to honor journalists who risk everything to bring the news, media pioneers who pave the way for equality and justice and those who persevere under the most difficult circumstances. The Free Press Awards will recognise exceptional work in the categories Newcomer of the Year and Most Resilient Journalist.
- The winner in the category ‘Newcomer of the Year’ will receive a media scholarship by choice.
- The winner in the category ‘Most Resilient Journalist’ will receive a cash prize.
- You can not nominate yourself;
- When you nominate someone, make sure this person is aware and gives permission;
- Make sure you have sufficient examples of work to upload with the nomination, preferably a minimum of three pieces;
- To be eligible for the category of Newcomer of the Year, the nominee should be active as a journalist for a maximum of three years.
The nominations for the Free Press Awards of 2023 open from June 30, 2023. The deadline for nominating is August 15, 2023.
For more information, visit Free Press Awards.