Deadline: July 17, 2023
Applications for the UNESCO/Nestlé Because Youth Matter Initiative 2023 are now open. UNESCO and Nestlé launched the initiative “Because Youth Matter” to provide young people with the resources and the skills they need to develop and carry forward innovative solutions to achieve positive social impact in their communities. The project will begin in Latin America with a call for applications across the region. The end-goal is to scale-up the partnership to global level in the future.
They are looking for Latin American youth leading projects with social impact, related to:
- Reduction of inequalities and promotion of social inclusion and diversity
- Climate Action and Sustainability
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
The UNESCO-Nestlé partnership builds on Nestlé’s 10 years of youth empowerment through its Nestlé needs YOUth initiative. With the goal of enabling 10 million young people around the world access economic opportunities by 2030, the initiative helps youth gain access to apprenticeships, traineeships and job opportunities. Globally, it has benefited more than 5 million young people across the world so far.
- Twenty grants of $10,000 USD each will be awarded to young leaders, entrepreneurs and youth organizations to help them create and implement changemaking solutions for social impact.
- Grantees will benefit from training sessions and mentoring throughout the development of their projects from Nestlé’s and UNESCO’s experts.
- Open to young people aged 18 to 30 from and living in Latin America;
- Youth-led organizations and networks with local or national scope.
- Have Spanish language skills (as this will be the working language);
- Projects should be completed within 9 months and implemented at local or national level.
The form is available to be completed in Spanish, and the IMPULSO JOVEN – Because Youth Matter program will be developed entirely in this language.
For more information, visit Because Youth Matter.