Deadline: August 27, 2023
Applications are open for the HACEY Health Initiative Essay Competition for the International Day of the Girl Child 2023. In celebration of the 2023 International Day of the Girl Child, HACEY Health Initiative is thrilled to announce the 7th International Day of the Girl Child Essay Competition. This competition aims to promote critical thinking among secondary school students and encourage them to address issues affecting the girl child in Nigeria.
Essay Topic: “The role of the Nigerian government and society in promoting women’s equal participation and leadership in political and public life.”
- 1st Place: Laptop and N200,000
- 2nd Place: N100,000 and other consolation prizes
- 3rd Place: N50,000 and other consolation prizes
- Open to girls in secondary schools in Nigeria.
All essays must:
- Include a cover page with the student’s full name, age, class, school name, phone number, email address, and state of residence.
- Be written in English language.
- Have a word count of not less than 700 words and not more than 1,000 words.
- Be the original work of the applicant.
Essays should be submitted via email to [email protected] no later than 6:00pm on Monday, August 27, 2023. Finalists will be notified by September 18, 2023, and the winners will be announced and awarded during the 11th International Day of the Girl Child Conference in Lagos State.
For more information, visit HACEY Health Initiative.