Deadline: September 30, 2023
Do you have an idea for an original design which advocates for sustainable development while addressing the pressing challenges facing our world, such as environmental degradation and biodiversity loss, climate change, food and water insecurity or energy poverty? Are you a secondary school pupil or undergraduate or graduate student at university? Apply for the UNESCO Future Designer International Innovation Design Awards (IIDA) & Science for SDGs Innovation Contest 2023.
The 2023 Future Designer International Innovation Design Awards (IIDA) & Science for SDGs Innovation Contest will solicit innovation and creative works from young people around the world to raise awareness of and advocate for the important role of Science, Engineering and STEM in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Winners will be presented with a certificate jointly issued by UNESCO and IIDA. IIDA and UNESCO will promote the works of the winners on social media. All of the winners will be invited to attend the award ceremony held in Shanghai, China in early December 2023.
- Open to young people from around the world. However, for this first edition in 2023, the IIDA is exclusively open to college and university students.
- In China, only award-winning works of NCDA are eligible to participate.
- They welcome a diverse range of works that advocate Science for the SDGs. These include but are not limited to, posters, videos, GIFs, illustrations, games, apps, interactive designs, as well as sustainable designs such as products, automobiles, packaging, decorations, fashion, architecture, interior design, landscape design, and public art.
- Entries are categorized into four distinct categories: media design, product design, environmental design, and art & science.
The requirements for entries are as follows:
- Still images: Format: JPG, Resolution: 300 dpi, Size: Not less than A3, Maximum of 5 pictures in JPG format for each work.
- Video: MP4, Resolution: HD, Duration: Not exceeding 8 minutes, File size: Not exceeding 500 MB.
Participation in the IIDA is free of charge. To apply, fill out the form provided, ensuring that it is packaged alongside the corresponding work file within a compressed ZIP file. The ZIP file must be labelled as “artist + work title + country.zip”. Submit your comprehensive application via email to the addresses [email protected] and [email protected].
For more information, visit IIDA & Science for SDGs Innovation Contest.