Deadline: August 10, 2023
Do you want justice for Africa’s communities, landscapes and seascapes? Do you want to join a global community of friends working together to bring positive change to the world? Look no further! Apply now for a spot at the 2023 Landscape Leadership Workshop and embark on a transformative journey towards landscape leadership.
Co-designed by the Global Landscapes Forum, the Youth in Landscapes Initiative (YIL) and the Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN), this workshop will take place in Nairobi, Kenya, ahead of the GLF Nairobi 2023 Hybrid Conference: A New Vision for Earth. This immersive experience will bring together like-minded students, young professionals, experts, and community-minded individuals from across Africa, creating a vibrant, cross-cultural community dedicated to driving impactful and transformative change.
- CDKN, in partnership with the GLF and YIL, is launching a grant coupled with peer learning, mentoring and training opportunities to support the participation of underrepresented youth voices into global conversations and understanding of climate justice. As part of the application for the Landscape Leadership Workshop, you can also apply to be considered for this grant.
- If selected, you will receive $2,000 to work towards realising your vision of a just climate future.
- In addition, you will form part of a cohort of young artivists, activists, community-minded individuals and change makers from the majority world (predominantly Africa and including fellows from Indonesia and Brazil).
- Grantees will be encouraged to participate in a number of events, peer-learning, and training opportunities over a six-month period to grow and share their existing knowledge, expertise and learning amongst the cohort and more widely.
This workshop is for you if you are:
- A student, young professional, expert or visionaire;
- Between 18–35 years old;
- A citizen of an African country;
- Passionate advocate for thriving peoples and landscapes.
There will be limited places at the workshop. To apply, fill out the application form here by 10 August 2023.
Some tips for your application:
- The application will take about seven (7) minutes to complete.
- You will need to submit a 1-minute video for the application answering the question: How can we achieve climate justice for Africa’s communities, landscapes and seascapes?
- If you would like to be considered for the CDKN grant opportunity, don’t forget to complete the grant section of the application form. You will be required to submit a budget breakdown to a maximum of $2,000.
For more information, visit Landscape Leadership Workshop.