Deadline: July 26, 2023
Applications are open for the GLF Nairobi Photo Competition 2023. No matter where you are in the world, there’s always someone near you working to restore our planet. So, the task for you is simple: get out there and snap some photos of them!
Whether you’re a professional or amateur, nature or urban photographer, GLF would love to see what’s happening in your local landscapes and some of the incredible solutions being implemented to preserve and protect them. They want to show the world images of positive steps being taken towards a healthier Earth, whether it’s land restoration, urban and rural generative farming, biodiversity conservation, or something else. It’s your call – so get your cameras ready and take GLF on this visual journey!
- Cash prizes of USD $400 (1st place), USD $300 (2nd place) and USD $200 (popular vote).
- A spread and interview in Landscape News.
- A showcase at the GLF Nairobi 2023 Hybrid Conference.
- Open to anyone aged 18 or above, whether you’re a photo enthusiast or a professional photographer.
- By submitting your photo, you agree to follow the rules, terms and conditions of this competition.
- Photos that have previously won other photographic competitions will not be considered.
All entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges selected by the GLF, who will shortlist up to 25 photos from all eligible submissions received during the competition period. Finalists will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Creativity (30%)
- Photographic quality (30%)
- Composition (30%)
- Execution of theme (10%)
The GLF will publish the finalist entries on its online platforms. The panel of judges will choose the first and second prize winners from the finalist entries, while members of the public will be invited to vote online for their favorite entry. The entry with the most votes will receive the ‘popular vote’ award. The GLF team will ensure that the first prize, second prize and popular vote winners are all selected from different participants.
- To participate, upload your photo here.
- Each photo constitutes a single entry.
- The uploaded file must include the photo’s title and the contributor’s name and the contact information, including email address, social media handles (if applicable) and a caption listing the subject and location.
For more information, visit GLF Competition.