Deadline: July 30, 2023
Applications for the Financial Innovations for Women Affected by Migration (FIWAM) Growth Program 2023 are now open. Financial Innovations for Women Affected by Migration (FIWAM) is a Growth Program for later-stage fintech startups that have an impact focus on women migrants and women affected by migration. This program is funded by the Impact-Linked Fund for Gender Inclusive Fintechs (ILF for GIF) and managed by the Impact-Linked Finance Fund. The ILF for GIF provides Impact-Linked Finance and technical assistance to fintechs to incentivize a stronger focus on gender transformative outcomes.
The FIWAM Growth Program will support up to 15 startups per region from Asia, MENA and Sub-Saharan Africa, over three months with personalized technical assistance that:
- Enhances growth: using experimentation methodology and key growth concepts, learn how to sustainably grow your business.
- Increases your impact: through the implementation of an impact management framework that helps you track the right metrics and tell your impact story.
- Strengthens network connections: through the extensive Seedstars community of mentors, experts, and international development organizations, they connect you with the right people to guide you on your entrepreneurial journey.
- Capacity Building: Participate in cross-regional training sessions that help you set and achieve growth milestones through group sessions with finance and migration experts, to attain investment potential and scale your impact
- Mentorship: One-on-one coaching with an industry experts focused on helping you overcome your biggest business hurdles and increasing the reach of your financial solutions to women migrants and women affected by migration
- Peer-to-Peer Network: Match with a founder in your track, allowing for knowledge-sharing and collaboration opportunities.
- Visibility: Exposure for yourself and your company on the program website and program marketing activities.
- Access to Demo Day Events: For each regional track they will hold roundtable discussions as well as pitch events for an audience of potential strategic and financial partners.
- Consideration for Funding: All selected companies will be screened for eligibility to receive funding from the Impact-Linked Fund for Gender-Inclusive Fintech.
- Applicant must be a for-profit entity and have operations in a Sub-Saharan African, MENA, or Asia (if your company is incorporated outside of these regions, but your operations are focused there you ARE still eligible to apply);
- Provide a fintech solution that already serves or has the potential to serve women migrants or women affected by migration;
- Have product market fit and be at the growth stage;
- Woman-led companies as well as founders who are women migrants are highly encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit FIWAM.