Deadline: August 4, 2023
Applications are open for the FAO-ITC EWAT Programme 2023. The Empowering women and boosting livelihoods through agricultural trade (EWAT): Leveraging the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) is a project co-implemented by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the International Trade Centre (ITC).
The project aims to support formal and informal women producers, processors, traders, women’s cooperatives, and associations to take advantage of the opportunities created by the AfCFTA in agriculture and agro-processing value chains. The EWAT programme three-day in-person trade facilitation training will take place in Dar es Salaam from August 21 – 23, 2023. This opportunity is open to 50 women producers, processors, traders, etc in the agrifood sector.
FAO and ITC will:
- Facilitate the trade facilitation workshop;
- Provide two coffee breaks and lunches over all three days.
*If the selected candidate lives outside Dar es Salaam, the project will provide transportation and/or accommodation (more information will be shared after successful candidates have been notified).
- The applicant is either a woman producer, processor, businessowner, or trader in the agrifood sector;
- The representative commits to attend all three days of the workshop;
- The representative attending the workshop has good proficiency of English.
- The selected candidate must complete all evaluation forms issued by FAO and ITC. These forms are provided after the event and are critical to the project’s reporting purposes.
- The selected candidate grants permission to FAO and ITC to use photos taken during the workshop in its communications material;
- The selected candidate agrees to complete additional evaluation forms that may be issued before the end of the project in December 2023.
For more information, visit FAO-ITC EWAT Programme.