Deadline: August 18, 2023
The Busan IT Industry Promotion Agency (BIPA) and ASEAN-ROK Working Committee on Cultural Heritage Cooperation are accepting applications for the 2023 ASEAN-ROK Youth Metaverse Idea Contest (Focusing on Cultural Heritage), in which BIPA asks ASEAN college students to propose ideas in the field of “cultural heritage and tourism” using Metaverse technology.
The aim of this contest is to promote mutual growth of the Metaverse industries through joint cooperation between ASEAN and the ROK. College students (in ASEAN Member States or ASEAN students in ROK) can develop and propose creative ideas in the field of cultural heritage and tourism by utilizing Metaverse technology.
- Participants are free to propose ideas related to “cultural heritage and tourism” using immersive content technologies such as XR (VR/AR/MR) and metaverse.
- More than 5 teams (up to 20 persons) will be invited to Busan, ROK for the final round of the contest and off-line camp.
- Round trip tickets, accommodation, meals, seminars and tour will be provided to the final round contesters by courtesy of BIPA.
- The winner and 2 runner-ups of the final round will be awarded. The winner will have a chance to present their output to the 3rd Working Committee Meeting for ASEAN-ROK Cultural Heritage Cooperation, to be held in Thailand in December, 2023 (to be confirmed).
- Members of runner-ups will be awarded with a small IT gadget.
- Open to university or graduate student with ASEAN Nationality in Asean countries and ROK (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam).
- An individual or a team (up to 4 person).
- An individual or one of team member should be able to communicate in English and one of team members (or an individual) should be a planner.
- All applicants should possess ASEAN national passports. (If not, should obtain ASEAN passport by September 20.)
- Those who apply alone from an identical country with similar ideas will be asked to build up a team by the secretariat (not regulatory).
For more information, visit Youth Metaverse Idea Contest.