Deadline: September 15, 2023
Applications for the Intergenerational Climate Microgrants Program 2023 are now open. Microgrants are small grants for parent-led, intergenerational, and family-centered climate engagement work. They aim to help you carry out climate projects and activities, from webinars, to art exhibitions, to communication materials, to campaigning actions.
The funding is provided by the UMI Fund and the program is implemented by Our Kids’ Climate, with support from Parents For Future Global.
- They will be providing 20 grants of £2,000 GBP and 10 grants of £4,000 GBP in this application round.
Intergenerational Climate Microgrants are for groups and individuals carrying out parent-led, intergenerational, and family-centered climate engagement work.
The welcome applications from:
- Individuals and groups engaging mixed ages of adults and youth as well as groups focusing on engaging grandparents, families, parents and carers.
- All regions of the world, although they will give priority to the global south in order to build capacity in underserved areas/geographies where parent climate organizing needs extra support, resources and capacity.
- Grassroots groups or individuals; those with limited or no funding will be given priority. Those with external funding are still eligible and encouraged to apply.
They provide small grants for projects and activities that:
- Are led by parents, carers, families and intergenerational teams, and work across age groups.
- Work on issues and themes which are strategically important to growing intergenerational and parent climate engagement, including: projects that could be replicated by other intergenerational groups; highly creative public engagement projects; high-impact campaigning projects; strategic communications projects; and projects aligned with the existing strategic campaigns of the global parent climate movement, including fossil fuel use, children’s health and air pollution. Innovative project ideas are also welcomed.
- Have a very clear budget, goal and work plan.
- Can be implemented in 4 months (between November 2023 and March 2024)
- Have a budget of either £2,000 GBP (approx. $2,500 USD) or £4,000 GBP (approx. $5,000 USD)
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, September 15, 2023.
For more information, visit Intergenerational Climate Microgrants.