Deadline: August 24, 2023
Applications are invited for the Jobberman/EbonyLife Creative Academy Short-film Competition 2023. Participating content creators will be required to create a 3-5 minutes short film that captures key findings from Jobberman’s How Young People Survive without Jobs report, published in partnership with the MasterCard Foundation.
The content creators’ competition is a partnership with the MasterCard Foundation as part of its Young Africa Works strategy. The goal of the Young Africa Works strategy is to create economic opportunities for 10 million young Nigerians, particularly women, to enable access to dignified and fulfilling work, especially in the creative sector and digital economy.
Young creatives will be required to create a socially conscious film that masterfully blends entertainment and the stark realities of Nigeria’s unemployed youths. The film could be a comedy, documentary, or any other scripted format. Using real or fictional characters, short-film entries are required to highlight key issues addressed in the report, including:
- Less than 1% of unemployed youths receive support from government and religious organisations.
- 60% of unemployed youths in the Northeast have been without work for at least 3 years.
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Overall Winner – Sony a6400 4K Mirrorless Camera with 18-135mm lens plus Sony Bag
- Runner up -Sony a6400 4K Mirrorless Camera with 16-50MM lens
- 1st Runner Up – Sony ZV-E10 Mirrorless Camera with 16-50mm Lens
- Open to content creators in Nigeria;
- They must create a 3-5 minutes short film that captures key findings from Jobberman’s How Young People Survive without Jobs.
A judging panel from ELCA will select the most promising and brilliantly executed films. The top 10 entrants will proceed to the next phase of the competition, where three contestants will emerge as the overall winners of the competition.
Interested participants are to post their video entries on their social media pages using #JobbermanELCAShortFilim and #JobbermanxELCA.
For more information, visit Short-film Competition.