Deadline: September 8, 2023
Applications are open for the UK Government Research and Innovation for Development in ASEAN (RIDA) 2023. This Official Development Assistance (ODA) funding will support collaboration between researchers and innovators to address regional priorities in Southeast Asia, focused on Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) member countries.
The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office particularly welcomes applications from institutions based in Southeast Asia that bring together different disciplines, innovation and new perspectives to address development issues creatively, in alignment with the UK-ASEAN Plan of Action 2022 to 2026.
This funding aims to directly support new and existing institutional partnerships in science, technology and innovation. These should cover regional priorities such as health, climate adaptation, resilience, energy transition and agriculture to progress development impact.
- Up to £10,000, £10,001 to £100,000.
This call is open to proposals involving activities in the following ODA-eligible countries in Southeast Asia:
- Lao PDR
- Myanmar: activities may be subject to an additional stage of approval (to be confirmed)
Your application should:
- highlight how the project outputs could have the potential to improve in-country and/or cross-country (regional Southeast Asia) policy and practice. This includes how they could positively contribute to improve conditions for the poorest and most vulnerable.
- demonstrate how a strategy will be implemented to have an impact, including through uptake and communication.
- show that your proposed project addresses the unmet needs and priorities of ODA-eligible countries in Southeast Asia. Your project plan should outline clear objectives and demonstrate how the project methodology aims to meet these objectives. It should have clear milestones, identify possible risks, and explain relevant ethical considerations.
To apply, email [email protected] to request an application pack and to join the Early Market Engagement (EME) online event at 10am British Summer Time (BST) on Friday 11 August 2023. You must submit your application by 11:59pm BST on 8 September 2023.
For more information, visit RIDA.