Deadline: August 18, 2023
Applications for the Water Changemaker Awards 2023 are now open. The Water Changemaker Awards 2023 is a global initiative that aims to recognise high-level commitment and leadership for climate resilient water investments and showcase the most promising climate resilient innovations with the greatest potential for scale, replication, and further investment to support a water-secure world.
Water Changemaker Awards include:
- Presidential Changemaker Award – for demonstrated leadership and commitment.
- Innovation Changemaker Award – for the most promising climate innovations.
The Water Changemaker Awards will contribute to:
- Water solutions for the Sustainable Development Goals
- Climate resilience through water
- Transboundary water cooperation
- Private sector, gender equality, and youth empowerment.
The Water Changemakers Awards 2023 contribute to GWP’s climate resilience strategy (2020-2025) that aims to support more than 30 countries access climate finance and influence investments of more than €1 billion for climate-resilient water management and infrastructure founded on robust, inclusive, and effective water governance systems.
Selected winners will be considered for the following categories:
- Global Leadership and commitment – Special Presidential Recognition Award at a global event
- Innovation on climate finance for water security: Investment, finance, and technical assistance of at least Euros 100,000 for acceleration of innovative business models and preparation for successful scaling up and replication.
- Entities are eligible to enter the Innovation Changemaker Award if they have been operating for at least one year and are seeking to scale up on a successful business model.
- Innovative initiative should be about a business model involving water which has contributed to building resilience to climate change.
- All organisations, entities, and individual as associated with the private and non-profit sector are eligible to submit their innovative changemaker initiative. Applicants need to be involved in the initiative described or have the agreement of those that are involved to submit. If you have more than one experience to share, you may – multiple submissions are welcome.
- Innovations can be from anywhere in the world. Applicants are invited to join the GWP network, if they are not already a member.
- Innovation must have been in operation for at least one year.
- Staff employed by GWPO or any of the GWP Regional Secretariats, or their direct relatives (partners, children, parents) are not eligible to take part in theWater Changemaker Awards, nor are members of GWP’s Global Steering Committee or Global Technical Committee.
- Submissions are accepted in English, French, and Spanish. They do work, however, in English and they will therefore use publicly available online translation tools to convert non- English submissions into English.
When a candidate submits their application, they must provide a contact in their country who can verify the existence of their organisation or group. The applicant will also need to provide proof of project impact, audited financial statements, team member profiles, Intellectual Property License (if available), and entity track record from previous ventures.
For more information, visit Water Changemaker Awards.