Deadline: October 20, 2023
Applications are open for the Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships 2024 at AfDB & ITC. The Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship Programme is a selective Fellowship that prepares the next generation of outstanding African leaders by providing them with unique work opportunities at the most senior level of prominent African institutions or multilateral organizations, whose mandate is to improve the economic and social prospects of Africa.
The Fellowship allows talented individuals to increase and enhance their professional capacity, with the intention of contributing to the governance and development of their countries thereby creating a pipeline of future African leaders.
About Mo Ibrahim Foundation
Established in 2006 the Mo Ibrahim Foundation aims to support good governance and great leadership in Africa. The Foundation works to:
- Stimulate debate on good governance;
- Provide criteria by which citizens and governments can measure progress;
- Recognize achievement in African leadership and provide a practical way in which leaders can build positive legacies on the continent when they have left office;
- Support aspiring leaders for the African continent.
- Each year three Fellows have an opportunity to work in the executive offices of the AfDB (Abidjan), ECA (Addis Ababa) or the ITC (Geneva), with a stipend of $100,000.
- Open to young professionals, mid-career and new executives from Africa with relevant work experience and a master’s degree;
- National of an African country;
- Minimum 7 years’ of relevant work experience;
- Master’s degree;
- Under the age of 40, or 45 for women with children;
- Any additional criteria as set by the host.
For more information, visit Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships.