Deadline: September 10, 2023
Applications are open for the ASEAN HPC School 2023. The ASEAN High-Performance Computing (HPC) School 2023 is a one-week programme for exceptional ASEAN researchers and aspiring young professionals.
The ASEAN HPC School is the fruit of cooperation between the ASEAN Member States supported by their Colleagues from RIKEN-Japan and EU through E-READI. Their vision is to increase research collaboration and technology transfer between ASEAN, Europe, and Japan. As a prerequisite, the school will have participants from each ASEAN Member State.
The school is intended for people who already have some knowledge of HPC and substantial computing experience. For example:
- PhD candidates or recent postdocs of computing-related disciplines, such as Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, etc. In certain exceptional cases, current or recent undergraduates may be considered for enrollment, but they must demonstrate exceptional capacity to participate in an intensive HPC course, for instance, through extracurriculars or internships.
- Junior faculty members of the above-mentioned disciplines.
- Young professionals who use HPC technology in their work, such as researchers, engineers, scientists, etc.
- If your previous/current education or employment is not related to computing, you must provide strong evidence of your candidacy in your motivation letter. For example, if you are a self-taught HPC user who strongly believes that you can benefit from and contribute to this programme, you may use the motivation letter to demonstrate your relevant experience in HPC.
- There are no admission or tuition fees for the ASEAN HPC School 2023.
- In addition, the school will provide the following support to applicants:
- Twin-share room (accommodation) in Ir. Soekarno Science and Technology Park, Cibinong-Bogor
- Transport in Cibinong, Bogor (related to school activities)
- Applicants must be citizens of ASEAN Member States: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, or Viet Nam.
- Applicants should have relevant experience in HPC.
- Applicants must have the means to travel to Cibinong, Bogor, Indonesia.
The set of documents you should send with your application to this school comprises the following:
- CV (This should include research activities, and list of publications, if available)
- Motivation letter
- The names two former or current references
For more information, visit ASEAN HPC School.