Deadline: August 28, 2023
Applications for the NPF Wharton Seminars for Business Journalists 2023 are now open. The National Press Foundation is offering two all-expenses-paid fellowships for the annual Wharton Seminars for Business Journalists at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, from October 16-18, 2023.
The seminars offer participants an opportunity to expand their knowledge of business by attending courses conducted by leading Wharton faculty, hearing guest lectures by business leaders, and competing in an intensive, computer-simulated strategic management exercise.
- The fellowship includes full tuition, housing, most meals and round-trip transportation.
- The fellowship is open only to U.S.-based journalists.
- All U.S.-based journalists whose work represents the highest standards of business journalism are eligible to apply.
- A short biography, a paragraph explaining why you want to attend and a supervisor’s letter of support should be saved as a Word doc or pdf BEFORE beginning the online application form. You will not be able to save and return to the application later.
- Attach a one-page letter of support from a supervisor. If you are an independent journalist, you may include a letter from a previous supervisor or recent editor. It should be clear that this person knows your work. Files may be attached as a PDF, Microsoft Word document, or text (.pdf, .doc, .docx, .txt, or .rtf).
- Include a sample of your work published between September 2022 – August 2023. The sample can be provided as a web link, or as a file attachment if the work is not available online.
For more information, visit NPF.