Deadline: October 9, 2023
Dream big, pitch bold, and unlock the next stage of your business and entrepreneurial growth. For early-stage technology startups seeking to realize their full potential and unleash innovative solutions, an incredible opportunity awaits. Join the 5th year of the MEST Africa Challenge to unlock funding, mentorship, and unparalleled opportunities to propel your startup’s success.
This year, they are thrilled to bring even more excitement to early-stage entrepreneurs with startups based in Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Kenya, and South Africa. As part of this prestigious competition, tech founders stand a chance to win the coveted USD 50,000 in equity, gain global recognition, and become part of MEST Africa’s lifelong supportive community.
Become a part of Africa’s burgeoning tech entrepreneurs and innovators by showcasing your groundbreaking innovation at Africa’s leading startup pitch competition. Take your business to new heights with the MEST Africa Challenge!
- Stand the chance of winning $50,000 in equity
- Gain global visibility from investors & potential partners
- Get lifetime benefits from MEST’s community
- Win prizes and perks from MEST strategic partners
- Open to early-stage technology startup;
- Operational in either Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa or Senegal;
- Monthly Recurring Revenue: A minimum of $5k;
- Funding raised: $0 to $1M cumulative;
- Years in existence: 3 years and below;
- Traction: At least 6 months of recurring revenue;
- Founding team: At least 2 founding team members;
- Registered in Delaware (This is preferred);
- Any industry;
- Any business model (B2B, B2C, B2B2C, B2G etc…);
- All participants must pitch in English.
Submit a pitch deck and a 3mins Video pitch.
Video Pitch Guidelines
- The video duration should be a maximum of 3 minutes and can be taken with a mobile phone.
- The applicant must appear on camera for the pitch. This means that animated videos, videos with text and a voiceover, etc. cannot be used as the pitch.
- Applicants will not be scored on video quality, as the focus will be on the pitch itself, however, the applicant must ensure s/he is visible and audible.
- The pitch must be made in English.
For more information, visit MEST Africa Challenge.