Deadline: October 2, 2023
Applications are open for the LeadNext Ambassadors for a Global Future Programme 2024. LeadNext builds a vibrant network of future leaders aged 18-25 from across Asia and the United States and supports their growth, impact, and capacity to address today’s greatest challenges.
With the profound structural changes that will transform geopolitics, global governance, the global economic order, and social landscape over the next decade, a new generation of globally minded leaders is imperative. The LeadNext programme equips emerging leaders across cultures and disciplines with strong international networks, exposure to wide-ranging experiences, and leadership tools to thoughtfully steer the future.
Harnessing the innovation and energy of young leaders is essential. Positive and lasting change will depend on leaders who can move ideas and action forward to address rising inequality, find solutions to climate crises, mitigate conflict, and empower communities most vulnerable and insecure.
- Leadership Training Intensive (Feb-Mar 2024): Fellows meet 1-3 times a week over several weeks to build competencies in social change leadership. Fellows explore how unique experiences are the foundation to their leadership strengths and gain tools for self-awareness, public speaking and elevating impact. The Intensive emphasizes collaboration and exchange. Fellows work together to expand their understanding of globalization and global citizenship and share perspectives from their unique backgrounds and experiences.
- Monthly Virtual Masterclasses (Mar-Jun 2024): Global experts provide exposure to the real-world experiences of leaders in the United States and Asia addressing a range of 21st century issues. Fellows develop lasting skills, tools, and frameworks to better understand the policies and ecosystems that drive impact. They study complex issues, processes, and challenges related to social change in the United States and Asia and bring their collective experiences to bear on these discussions.
- Global Leaders Summit (Week of July 14, 2024): The 2023 capstone convening will be held in the San Francisco Bay Area. Fellows will deepen and expand their learning through rigorous exchange, continued leadership development, and tools to tackle 21st century challenges. They will also gain exposure to cutting-edge approaches and best practices in innovative leadership.
- Mentorship: Fellows are paired with a professional mentor based on their specific interests. These mentors are drawn from the Foundation’s broad network to connect emerging leaders with recognized leaders, influencers, and shapers.
LeadNext Fellows are dynamic emerging leaders from any sector with a commitment to creative approaches to addressing issues such as climate change, inequality, injustice, poverty, or other pressing issues. Fellows demonstrate outstanding character, integrity, and are respected leaders within their communities with an interest in cross-cultural exchange.
To be eligible for the program candidates must be:
- Aged between 18-25 during the entire program year.
- Fully conversant in English.
- Able to commit to attending all sessions with an understanding that we are working across many time zones. Virtual sessions will take place in the mornings in Asia and evenings in the United States for approximately 2 hours per session. The Summit is a full-time commitment.
The application deadline is October 2, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit LeadNext Ambassadors.