Deadline: October 30, 2023
Expand your network, collaborate across disciplines, and explore cutting-edge ideas with unrestricted research support. Join a community of international researchers addressing the most important questions facing science and humanity. Apply for the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program 2024-2026.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program provides:
- Interdisciplinary interactions: Pursuing the most exciting and important research questions requires scholars who can move beyond their own research areas to take a fresh look at a problem. CIFAR helps early-career researchers think and work outside their silos by facilitating dialogue between diverse disciplines and immersing them in their research programs for a truly enriching experience.
- Leadership development: Excellent management and communication skills will be key to success in the demanding and competitive world of research. Through annual meetings of CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars from across CIFAR’s research programs, and additional learning experiences, CIFAR creates a variety of training opportunities on themes related to leadership development.
- Engagement in global communities: Tomorrow’s research leaders must effectively engage key stakeholders in their communities, in government, industry, or the general public to both inform and disseminate their work. They provide early-career researchers opportunities to increase the impact of their research by interacting with leaders both within and outside of academia.
- A two-year term of collaboration and mentorship in an interdisciplinary CIFAR research program, a global network of leading researchers.
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support.
- Membership in a community of outstanding peers from diverse disciplines
- Training in leadership and communication skills, and support to build influence and make an impact
- Applicants may be based anywhere in the world;
- Must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of starting a full-time position at an institution of higher education or research, with responsibilities that include both conducting an independent research program and supervising/teaching trainees toward the completion of a degree.
- Scholars’ research interests should complement the themes and goals of a recruiting CIFAR research program.
NOTE: Postdoctoral fellows are not eligible to apply, with the following exception: If you have a pending first full-time position that meets the full eligibility criteria and starts no later than July 1, 2024, you are eligible to apply. In this case, you must submit a copy of your letter of appointment with your application.
They invite applications from early-career research leaders who can engage with any of the following CIFAR research programs:
- Future Flourishing
- Gravity & the Extreme Universe
- Humanity’s Urban Future
- The Multiscale Human
For more information, visit CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars.