Deadline: September 15, 2023
Applications are open for the Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI) 2023. The Carrington Fellowship program is a community-based one-year-long professional development program for entry to mid-level professionals.
The Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative, CYFI, is a dynamic youth-based initiative launched in 2011 by the U.S. Consulate General, Lagos. CYFI brings together Nigerian youth of exceptional vision, skills, and experience to design and implement projects that will have a positive impact on Nigerian society. The inspiration for CYFI, former Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, was a champion of civil liberties, democracy, and closer ties between the U.S. and Nigeria. CYFI fellows are committed to putting the ideals of Walter Carrington into practice.
- Fellows develop core leadership, communication and programs management skills, improve their network, and get mentored.
Eligible applicants for the fellowship:
- Are between the ages of 18 and 30 on or before the application deadline;
- Are Nigerians who live in Enugu, Delta, Edo, and Rivers States;
- Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English;
- Are not alumni of the Carrington Fellowship.
- Are available to participate in the one-year-long program in Enugu, Delta, and Rivers States.
Application closes on September 15, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit Carrington Youth Fellowship.