Deadline: October 5, 2023
Do you have an idea for the next long read from Sub-Saharan Africa that could go in the Financial Times? One World Media is excited to announce a new partnership to make this happen. Apply for the FT Africa Journalism Fellowship with One World Media 2023.
In collaboration with the Financial Times, they are looking for a mid-career journalist from, based in and covering Sub-Saharan Africa, with an ambitious written story to tell a global audience. Think big. This might be what you’d expect to see on the home page of one of the world’s biggest newspapers.
They are looking for a great writer with some experience who can break down a complex story in simple language, compellingly, in a way that has wide appeal and relatability. The selected Fellow will produce a piece of long-form journalism – an economic or business story from the region that resonates with FT’s global audience.
- £1,000 reporting grant
- OWM Executive Producer for their project
- One-to-one mentoring by Senior FT editors
- A chance to publish their piece on the FT
- Workshops and webinars by industry experts
- Network of like-minded Fellows and Alumni
- Open to mid-career journalist from and based in Sub-Saharan Africa, working in print, digital or multimedia reporting.
- They are looking for a great writer with some experience who can break down a complex story in simple language, compellingly, in a way that has wide appeal and relatability.
- They are particularly interested in journalists who have a keen interest in business and global affairs, an international mindset and sharp reporting instincts.
- The ideal applicant would demonstrate strong writing skills and an ability to write engagingly and incisively about economics, corporate and markets issues.
- Step 1: Register for a new user account on the One World Media Submission portal. If you have registered previously, there is no need to create a new account – you can login with the same user details or reset your password.
- Step 2: You will need to fill in an online form, upload necessary documents and provide a reference letter.
For more information, visit FT/OWM Fellowship.