Deadline: October 20, 2023
Amplify your impact with the Future Builders Fellowship! Calling all Black and Latinx women and non-binary founders in the United States who are tackling pressing challenges in Health, Climate, and EquityTech. This fellowship offers more than support – it’s your launchpad for growth, impact, and a future shaped by you.
They are inviting solutions in the following sectors:
- Climate: Solutions addressing climate mitigation, adaptation, and resilience including but not limited to:
- Renewable Energy Generation and Storage
- Green Building Technologies
- Climate Data and Analytics
- Climate Smart Agriculture and Food Systems
- Health: Solutions leveraging technology to reduce barriers to quality, affordable healthcare and to improve physical and mental healthcare outcomes. Subsectors include but are not limited to:
- Telemedicine, Remote Patient Monitoring, and Digital Therapeutics
- Healthcare Operations
- Health Data Analytics and AI
- Preventative Medicine
- Health Finance
- AgeTech/Longevity Tech
- EquityTech: Solutions leveraging technology to increase social and financial inclusion and closing equity gaps in wealth, education, and accessibility. Subsectors include but are not limited to:
- Future of Work
- Assistive Tech
- Cohort of up to 10 ventures founded by Black, African American, Hispanic/Latinx, and Afro-Latina women and nonbinary-identifying entrepreneurs. Ventures receive training in Halcyon’s methodology on business fundamentals, leadership, investment readiness, and impact.
- Program is delivered in hybrid modality with participants engaging in both virtual and in-person sessions:
- 1 Virtual Program Kickoff Meeting
- 4 Virtual Program Meeting Days
- 1 week in-person residency in Washington, DC
- 1 week in-person residency in other U.S. city (specific location to be announced)
Each program includes specific benefits to fellows. Fellows accepted into this program will receive the following:
- $10,000 USD in Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing credits
- Additional technical support from Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Access to a world-class network of mentors and advisors
- Bespoke training on:
- Business fundamentals
- Investment readiness
- Impact definition and measurement
- World-wide community of impact-driven entrepreneurs
- Workshops with legal experts
- $5,000 USD equity-free travel stipend per venture
They are looking for (for-profit) startups that are building scalable solutions that are tackling challenges related to Health, Climate, or EquityTech.
- Location: Must have operations in the U.S. or U.S. territories
- Stage: Must have a Minimum Viable Product that has the potential to scale
- Must identify as Black/African-American, Hispanic/Latinx, Afro-Latina
- Must identify as a woman or as non-binary
- May apply with up to one co-founder
- Applicant must be the CEO and/or hold primary decision-making power
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program
- Program Engagement: Must be able to participate in all activities and programming sessions
- Impact: Must be developing a product and venture which contributes towards 1 or more of the UN’s 17 SDGs
- Impact: To what extent will the solution, if scaled, have a meaningful impact on society and/or the environment?
- Scalability: Could this venture scale to reach hundreds of thousands or millions of users in a 5-10 year time horizon?
- Innovation: Is the solution a novel approach to tackling the issue in their context?
- Talent: Is the team uniquely qualified to tackle the challenges they’ve identified?
For more information, visit Halcyon Future Builders Fellowship.