Deadline: October 9, 2023
Applications are open for the RIG Future Academy Scholarship 2023/2024. Gaming is more than just fun. Gaming is sport. Playing your best takes passion for practice and commitment to learning, traits that help you succeed in game and in life. RIG and Nacon are proud to equip players who have the drive to be better with the tools they need for both gaming and academic growth. The RIG Future Academy Scholarship is designed to help students on their way to academic success.
RIG is a premium gaming accessory brand and the leader in tournament audio for professional gaming. RIG introduced the first stadium-class esports headset in 2012 and is trusted by sound stage professionals, team coaches and pro players during league and live events worldwide. The brand’s mission is to develop next generation gear for competitive gamers, esports players and streamers. In 2020, RIG was acquired by NACON, a leading video game developer and designer of premium gaming accessories, including the Compact and Revolution series of game controllers for console and PC.
- Three (3) $5,000 scholarships to be awarded.
- Open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and are at least 17 years of age.
- Directors, officers, and employees of the Sponsor or the Administrator and any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, and advertising and promotional agencies, and their immediate families and household members, are not eligible to enter the Scholarship Contest.
Essay submissions will be judged in accordance with the following criteria, unless otherwise specified:
- Category 1: Thoughtfulness of response (50%)
- Category 2: Relevance to question (30%)
- Category 3: Quality of composition (15%)
- Category 4: Grammatical accuracy (5%)
In the case of a tie, winner submissions will be selected based on their thoughtfulness of response and relevance to the question, as compared to the other finalists.
Students can apply in ONE of two ways:
- Essay – Write an essay of 300 words or more describing how gaming has helped you in academics; or
- Video – Create a 2-minute video on how gaming has helped you in academics, and share it on social media tagging us @RIGgaming and using #RIGFutureAcademy (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Threads, TikTok or Twitch).
For more information, visit RIG Future Academy Scholarship.