Deadline: September 30, 2023
Applications are open for the AABS/Emerald Case Writing Competition 2023. In partnership with the Association of African Business Schools (AABS), Emerald Publishing invites authors from African higher education institutions to submit business teaching cases focused on emerging markets in Africa.
The aim of the competition is to encourage and promote the development of high-quality teaching case material relevant to the realities of dynamic and emerging economies and at the same time promote the development of case-writing capabilities in those countries.
- The total AABS/Emerald award prize pool is worth over $2,250, including $1,000 to the winner and $500 each to two runners up!
- They also consider all submissions for international publication in Scopus-ranked Emerging Market Case Studies (EMCS).
- For the first time, EMCS is pleased to accept French submissions to the AABS case-writing competitions. French authors may now participate in their own category for an opportunity to win a $250 prize.
Your case should:
- Have a developing and emerging markets focus from Africa;
- Be written by authors based at African higher education institutions;
- Be based on a real situation in a real company;
- Be a teaching case, they cannot accept academic (research) cases;
- Not have been published before in its current or substantially similar form or be under consideration for publication in any ISSN/ ISBN-registered publication or with any other case centre;
- Meet the standard EMCS author guidelines;
- Include a completed and signed consent to publish release form.
To enter the competition, you will submit your case study through Emerging Markets Case Studies on ScholarOne Manuscripts. Your entry should include: case study, teaching note, title page and consent to publish form.
For more information, visit AABS/Emerald Case Writing Competition.