Deadline: October 8, 2023
Applications are open for the CoalitionWILD EXCELerator Program 2023. The EXCELerator program is a rigorous 6-month capacity building and leadership development training for young people who have an idea of an environmental project tackling an issue facing an ecosystem, wildlife, community, culture, or their livelihood.
Project ideas can be just that, ideas that they would like to elaborate further in order to start implementing, but they can also be projects in the early stages of their implementation, or projects that are being implemented in the longer run and that have the potential to scale up. Accepted project ideas can be implemented in any country of the world, and they can verse about any environmentally-related challenge.
The seventh edition of the EXCELerator program will run for six months between November 2023 to April 2023. Participation in the program is 100% virtual and free, and participants can choose between two different ways of completing the program depending on their own needs, expectations and availability: the EXCELerator LIVE program or the EXCELerator FLEX program.
- Program will be facilitated through a learning platform (Thinkific), which will remain open and available to all participants for the duration of the program (from November 2023 to April 2024).
- Access to 14 recorded sessions led by expert speakers delving into project development and management, fundraising and grant writing, effective communication, and much more! These sessions will have a duration of between 30 to 60 minutes, presentation slides will be available for download and each session will also include follow-up resources for program participants to further their learnings.
- Discussion forums to interact with other program participants by sharing the key concepts learned in each recorded session, asking questions about the sessions, but also to share the work they are doing in their own countries, with their own projects.
- Downloadable toolkits and resources. During their time in the EXCELerator, participants will have access to a continually updated and curated list of resources for them to download and utilize for the benefit of them and their project.
- Opportunity to receive an official Certificate of Completion from the program to showcase what they have achieved throughout the six months.
- Access to global opportunities for funding, networking and having their project and work spotlighted in CoalitionWILD social media and WILD Voices blog.
- Be 35 years of age or younger at the start of the program (November 2, 2023).
- Have a project idea, a project on its early implementation or a project with the potential to scale up within the environmental field.
- Have the energy to dedicate to the development of their project idea, thus having the availability of completing the training in any of its modalities.
- Have a computer and reliable internet connection to access the program’s learning platform and be able to watch the recorded sessions (as well as the live sessions, if you are applying for the EXCELerator LIVE program).
- For the EXCELerator LIVE program: Availability to participate in the live sessions throughout the six months of the program, happening on Thursdays between 12.30 to 14.00 UTC.
In the application form, you will be able to choose the version of the EXCELerator you would like to be part of. When making your decision, make a thorough reflection of your time availability, as it has been stated previously, this is a very time-intensive program.
For more information, visit CoalitionWILD EXCELerator.