Deadline: October 6, 2023
Applications for the Carmignac Photojournalism Award 2023 are now open. The 14th edition of the Carmignac Photojournalism Award intends to support a project aimed at documenting in writing and images the condition of the lives of women and girls in Afghanistan.
In 2009, while media and photojournalism faced an unprecedented crisis, Edouard Carmignac created the Carmignac Photojournalism Award to support photographers in the field. Every year, it funds the production of an investigative photo reportage on human rights violations and geo-strategic issues in the world. The Fondation Carmignac provides the laureate with financial and human resources to carry out their project and produces both a monograph and a traveling exhibition, aiming to shed light on the crises and challenges which the contemporary world is facing. At the end of each edition, four photographs bequeathed by the laureates are included in the Carmignac collection.
- Selected by an international jury, the laureates receive a €50,000 grant to carry out a 6-month field report with the support of the Fondation Carmignac, which produces, upon their return, a travelling exhibition and the publication of a monograph.
- Open to all photographers, of all nationalities.
- Participation can be individual or collaborative. It is not necessary to have a press card to participate.
The selection of the laureate will take place in two stages:
- The pre-jury, made up of directors of photography and curators, has the task of selecting between 12 and 15 proposals from those received.
- The jury, consisting of specialists in photography and in the given theme, choose a winning project. At the end of the selection process, the jury meets the winning photographer, in order to talk to him or her and, if necessary, to provide the support he or she will need throughout the duration of their project – from the preparation of the reportage to its final exhibition.
All applications can only be submitted online, before October 6, 2023 at 23:59 GMT, in French or English only. The process is entirely free of charge.
For more information, visit Carmignac Photojournalism Award.